The 2013 SABRE games will take place on the night of Thursday, February 28, in Magrath, at the elementary school, from 5 to 7 pm.
We will run Tug of War, Sumo, and a Parade, in that order.
Tug Of War
Two robots are placed in a sumo ring. Each tries to find and push its opponent out without going out of the ring itself. Please read the full rules .
Robots are dressed up and strut their stuff, following a line and not crashing into the robot in front. We will use the RoboParade 2012 rules. Videos and rules are here.
On Wednesday, February 15, 2012, starting at 5:30 pm, we’ll run the SABRE games in conjunction with the CES science fair, at the Cardston Elementary School.
This year, we’ll run the following events:
- Maze Solving
- Obstacle Course
- Tug Of War
We will have medals for the winners. Participation in the event is free, but please let me know if you think you’ll be attending. Consider this event a warm-up for Robofest in Mountain View on March 31 (which is a more serious event, and requires advance planning!)
The maze is built out of reconfigurable tiles, like these (except that they are a slightly different size; 12” x 12” instead of 30cm x 30 cm). Note that the walls are roughly 6 inches tall. An explorer bot’s ultrasonic sensor is too high up to see them.
The obstacle course will be done as in years gone by. Build a robot to go down a straight corridor, going over obstacles like pencils, chocolate bars, ramps, and books. The robot that goes the furthest the faster wins. Read more details and see the tips.
Tug Of War
I hope to see you there!
Here are some events that I believe are coming up during the 2010/2011 school year.
- November 28 – Cardston and District Community Awareness Night at the Cardston Civic Centre. Roboticists, please bring robots to show off!
- Friday in late Nov/early Dec – Western Canada RoboCup Junior Games in Kelowna, BC. (sign up.)
- January – First Lego League in Edmonton. September is the time to sign up.
- February – 2012 SABRE Games in conjunction with Cardston Elementary School Science Fair.
- March 31, Robofest in Mountain View . Sign up now!
- May – Western Canadian Robotics Society Annual Robot Games in Calgary.
If you are aware of others, please contact me.